I would like to talk about how I think there is a Biblical Perspective on Weather.
About a year ago, I read a great book called "Weather and the Bible" by Donald B. Deyoung. It's a 100 Questions and Answers book. The 1st question was "Should a Christian become a Meteorologist?"
- One thing that I would do, that most Meteorologists don't do is give the Glory to God. After all He deserves the praise, and worship. He is the one who controls the weather, and the universe. He makes it possible for us to make great discoveries in Weather.
- God highly recommends the study of nature, and His creation:
" The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the works of His hands." Ps. 19:1
" Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its way and be wise." Prov. 6:6
- We need a new generation to rise up, and give the glory, and honor where it belongs.
- I believe the Bible is the true history book. I believe God created the universe in 6 days. (Genesis 1)
- God has done supernatural events in Weather; such as:
- The Genesis Flood (when the whole world was covered by Water)
- Fire from heaven upon Sodom and Gomorrah
- In the New Testament, Jesus calmed a storm; showing that He indeed controls the weather.
- From the book: "The creationist viewpoint see humanity as the culmination of the creation week. Planet earth was made for enjoyment and well-being. The water cycle and the cool breezes were planned for our benefit. The trees were made for our visual enjoyment, as well as for food. (Gen. 2:9)."
- Jesus speaks to the Pharisees and Sadducees about Weather proverbs.
� 1The Pharisees and Sadducees came to Jesus and tested him by asking him to show them a sign from heaven. 2He replied "When evening comes, you say, 'It will be fair weather, for the sky is red,' 3and in the morning, 'Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.' You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times." Matt. 16:1-3
- Future Weather events are in the Bible:
- 100lb Hailstones will fall from the sky all over the earth during the 7 yr Tribulation. (Rev. 16:21)
- Fire will come down from heaven. (Rev. 13:13)
- The Winds will stop. (Rev. 7:1)
- There are a lot more future events predicted in the Bible just read Revelation.
- One of my favorite Bible passages which does not only describes God�s glory, but also talks a lot about weather. I call it the "Weather Passage".
" 1 The LORD reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice. 2 Clouds and thick darkness surround him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of his throne. 3 Fire goes before him and consumes his foes on every side. 4 His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles. 5 The mountains melt like wax before the LORD, before the Lord of all the earth. 6 The heavens proclaim his righteousness, and all the peoples see his glory.� Psalm 97: 1-6
Well, that's pretty much a summary of weather in a Biblical perspective. I'll update the blog around 11:30am or Noon with the latest snowfall forecast.
Have a Great Day!